Assessment of the technology stack
Assessment of the Technology Stack that can be used by Information Systems. The Assessment results in a ranking of all used and future Technology Items like RDBMS, ESB, etc.
Problems and Solutions
The Technology Stack, i.e. the complete set of firmware and software systems like DBMS, BPM and ESB software, etc., that supports the operational execution of information systems or packages like ERP software, etc. is often not up-to-date. The latest versions of the technology stack are not implemented yet. In fact more often than not the version in use run two to four releases behind the latest version. Errors in the old release are often resolved in later releases. As updates nowadays are often related to security measures, this also forms a big problem.
Enterprise Architects delivers tools to, amongst other functionalities, manage the technology stack. It is necessary to recognize and register the following information concerning technology:
- Pros and Cons per Technology and/or Technology item
- The vision on each Technology
- Priorities and value proposition of each technology item
- Version and and-of-date information about the applied technology stack item
Tools to support Technology Stack Assessment
To support the registration of necessary information of information lifecycle management and systems management Enterprise Architects delivers the following tools:
||Registering necessary Technology information|
Advantages of the Enterprise Architects approach
- The Application Rationalyzation Analysis tool forms an integrated part of the complete ABODE™ tool suite. In this way already registered components for rationalization analysis, like applications, information systems, business functions etc. can directly be used in the approach
- The SAFe™ Core Values are safeguarded and improved as follows
- Program Execution